7 (13%)
KEEP Miller
47 (87%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Offline WILDSIZZLE

• Administrator
    • Players Program U
on: February 20, 2021, 09:56:01 PM

Vote and tell us why you think UofA should Fire or Keep Miller as head coach.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 10:12:14 PM by WILDSIZZLE »

Offline mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 01:37:58 PM
The simple answer is no.
Miller is the best coach we have had here since Olson.

If my memory is correct, Miller has the 3rd highest win total and win percentage in Arizona history.
He has resurrected the program and brought it to become the best program in the West at one point.
He is trying to rebuild the program after the FBI scandal, and looks to have done it by looking at the progression since the 2017-18 season.

4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Offline Naterade

• Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 06:41:24 PM
Fuk no! I in love Millerís style. Hard nose with an emphasis on defense is old school and the only way to go IMO. Paying players is part of the game in college basketball, every high major program does it. The ncaa will have to change, and thatís a good thing. Miller will take arizona to a final in the next couple years. Mark my words.

Online KansasCityCats

• BTFD
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 07:29:36 AM
I'm with Naterade that Miller will have Arizona in the Final Four within the next two years...IF: 1) he is still the coach, 2) we don't get hit with major sanctions and 3) a majority of this roster remains intact.

The sad part is that Miller's job security is a legitimate argument right now.  We underperformed over the past 4 seasons and I understand why fans are growing impatient. 

Fortunately, our team is being built without the selfish one-and-dones that solely care about making it to the NBA.  Despite being ineligible for the postseason and being in a recent slump, our entire bench was going absolutely nuts on Saturday.  In the past, our players would be slouching and angry that they were sitting on the sidelines...yet guys like Terry, Brown and Koloko were constantly jumping up and down in excitement as we beat the top team in the conference.

These players WANT to play for Miller and there's a good chance that every non-senior returns next season to build on our momentum.  This nucleus could be fully of upperclassmen like Kriisa, Terry,, Mathurin, Tubelis and Koloko in a couple years...not to mention Baker/Akinjo/Brown in 2021-22 AND Nowell/Simpson/Dezonie as a solid incoming class of athletes that can guard multiple positions.

The future is bright if we're patient enough to see how this corps pans out.  If Arizona doesn't success in the next 2-3 years, I think it's obvious that this staff won't make it.  Of course, I'm overly optimistic that we're building for something special.  BTFD!

Offline Aokay

• BEARDOWN
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 10:15:13 AM
Those people who wish to see Coach Miller fired had better hope the powers that be at the U of A aren't following this poll.

I'm a fan who has followed Wildcat basketball for over four decades. As such, I feel qualified to state that a similar percentage of disenchanted fans wanted Olson fired at various points in his tenure here, especially after some brutal losses in the first round of the dance. The facts are you can't please everyone, most of us don't always get what we want, yet life goes on.

It's a great day to be alive!

Online Bkatt

• "The Gods of War had re-awakened me."-Tyson
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 10:27:44 AM
There are 13 scholarship players on this team. This is a very young team with 7 Freshman and 2 Sophomores! Just imagine what they can accomplish in the next year and the following.

My answer is Keep, but ask me again in 2 years.

Online KansasCityCats

• BTFD
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 10:35:52 AM
Good point, AOK.  There are a large number of KU fans that also called for Bill Self's head because he couldn't break through to the Final Four.

We were patient with Lute & I think we owe Miller another 2-3 years to see if he can get this program back to where it was 4 years ago.  He saved us when Lute unintentionally turned it over in awful shape.  Our staff is relatively young (compared to other coaches that have  400+ current wins on their resume) and he could easily spend the rest of his life in Tucson and earn multiple rings.

Fingers crossed that this crew turns us around because I don't want to start a coaching search from scratch again...especially with the NCAA breathing down our necks.  2023 National Champs...you heard it on PPU first!

Offline eel

Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 02:59:03 PM
I say we stick with him for a few more years.  Let's put the NCAA BS behind us and see how he does.

Back in the early 90s, I was at McKale for a first-round NCAA tourney.  UofA had just lost to a weak seed.  I heard a chorus of "Give the boot to Lute" in the crowd.  Thankfully, those folks were ignored.

Online Bkatt

• "The Gods of War had re-awakened me."-Tyson
Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 04:29:09 PM
Good point, Aokay and eel.

Online ChrisZona

• Supporter
  • BEARDOWN
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 10:16:33 AM
Personally Iím still on board with letting him go. Look great road win against a top 20 team in SC probably our best win in the past 3 seasons as crazy as that sounds. Too me that doesnít really take away from the overall downward trend this program has been spiraling down. And as much as people like to blame the FBI mess to our decline, it really was due to the complete miss/failure of our 2017 class. Yeah Ayton was great but after that it was downright abysmal. What was exciting about that class was the idea that we had multi-year players to build the program around after Aytons expected 1 year. The 2 big ones and former top 50 recruits were the biggest flops of course Akot who was just not good and Randolph who imo was poorly developed. Then you have Barcello who was never given an ample opportunity playing big time at BYU as I watched him poor 20 on the Zags. And of course Lee who is a slightly better player now than he was 4 years ago as a freshman. After the FBI we lost out on our biggest miss Imo JQ who after 3 years is finally started play quality minutes with Bama, Bol who hardly played at Oregon due to injuries and Shareef OíNeal who hasnít really done anything at his 2 schools after his heart issues. Point is weíd likely be in very similar situation had the FBI stuff never come out. And those last 2 classes really forced MMM to rely heavily on mediocre transfer pickups which along with the one and done freshman talents created insane roster turnover and just an overall with our roster.

MMM did a great job mustering together a great class to build around finally, finally added some quality transfers. And really had a golden opportunity to put together a successful competitive season in a very average conference. Yet we continue to find ways to underachieve even with UCLA mising their star or Stanford out 3 starters or Oregon dealing their shaky schedule we canít take advantage and get some quality Ws. Even after the SC win we are 2-7 vs teams with a winning conference record. With no postseason ban in place this was a NIT caliber team, and assuming we return every starter, assuming another postseason ban doesnít come our way we probably looking at another fringe tournament team next season with the possibility of losing our 3 best players. Final 4? Maybe letís get back to the sweet 16 first before we start talking about F4s. I also donít get the Lute talk, we are comparing good/great teams losing in the tournament to teams that arenít even good enough to be in the tournament.

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal