Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Playing In Orlando  (Read 442 times)

Offline WCBAddict

• BEARDOWN
Playing In Orlando
« on: September 15, 2020, 04:43:43 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted but seeing the NIT Tip with Arizona has been moved to Orlando with no fans allowed. At least there is some noise and hoping for a good start date announced tomorrow.

Offline CatInFL

• BEARDOWN
Re: Playing In Orlando
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 04:12:10 AM »
Of course, Arizona makes it to FL and I'm not allowed in the building.......argh

Offline mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 08:45:43 PM »
It is amazing how far the NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL and NCAA has been willing to go to make sure they are able to put a product on their respective stages.
With all the problems we have in this world, if our government was able to do a little bit more of this, I think we would make a step in the right direction.

To get back on topic though, moving the event to Florida is cool and all, but there was no other venues that we could use that are not in the state of Florida?
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Offline KansasCityCats

• BTFD
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »
There's an abundance of unused hotel accommodations (plus nice weather) in Florida.  They have the ability to host entire leagues for extended periods of time, rather than forcing teams to travel on a weekly basis.

I've been attending MLS games at 15-20% capacity and they have been extremely safe.  Not sure if indoor basketball arenas are better, but I would assume that a limited amount of season ticket holders could "spread out" and it make it work.

Still kills me that I likely won't be able to make the trip to Champaign for the Illini game...

Most Recent Arizona Wildcat Posts

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal