Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Look at the QBs  (Read 253 times)

Online Little George

• Global Moderator
Re: Look at the QBs
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 04:28:23 PM »
My thoughts.

Gunnell is the best QB since Foles, but actually may be better than Foles ever thought of being. In fact with our history, IF we keep him 2 more years he could be the best QB in Arizona football history. Best stat from last year: 9 TDs 1 INT. Now, CAN the staff get the calls straight?

Kevin Doyle did not play last year and actually did not quite live up to expectations. Multiple reasons for this. First was Tate. Second was Gunnell. I believe we will see a little progress this year and Doyle will be the primary back up.

Rhett Rod will always be the solid back up that will come in and NOT throw the game away, but limited in ability enough to not contend for anything more. Great kid with a solid knowledge and feel for the game and a better attitude. He will be the lone guy from the bench with game experience, but I do not see him passing Doyle.

Will Plummer is a good pick up for sure  and in time will be a productive team member. His talent level is good and is a smart player as well but will be learning his freshman year. Let's all hope he does NOT see the field this year because that would likely mean BAD things happening.

Overall our QBs are solid. Avoiding injury our QBs could rank in the top 3 in the conference this year. IF we can call the right plays.

Online Little George

• Global Moderator

Offline KansasCityCats

• BTFD
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 12:19:51 PM »
What an amazing corps of guys.  Gunnell is a sure-fire NFL player, Doyle has the ability to step in without Arizona skipping a beat, RhettRod has the knowledge to be a smart QB and Plummer is the future at the position.

Online Little George

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »

Most Recent Arizona Wildcat Posts

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal