Kenneth Simpson Jr 4 Star 2021 PG commits to Arizona!

Started by WILD, August 15, 2020, 03:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Kenneth Simpson Jr 4 Star 2021 PG commits to Arizona!

Simpson is an athletic combo guard with okay size but good length and athleticism. Plus athlete both laterally and vertically. Competitive kid who plays hard on both ends. Has vision to play on ball at next level but will need to improve against ball pressure. Athleticism makes him tough cover in transition. Versatile defender who can guard both one and two at next level. Projects as high major starter. If handle and jumper improve he will take his stock to next level.

https://twitter.com/playersprogramu/status/1294770509545013248
Full commitment video below
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CD7QpUZptfF/?igshid=1jpyfz0pw8s1m

ichi

i like it when i see lateral movement listed in the reports
maybe stay for a couple of years?
"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

WILD

WILD

KansasCityCats

Maybe it's too soon for comparisons but he has a Lot of similarities to Nico.

Diverse repertoire when attacking the basket. He doesn't settle for outside shots and finds his open teammates. Nice handle and tough defender. Love this commitment!

Jdmarti

I really think  kj. Is going to be good   from watching video he reminds me of  nick Johnson a bit probably more of a pg. Though   nick was a 2.

Now Arizona  has a  pg.  They need a wing for sure I would love to see them get mashack.
Some other guys there would be  dunn or houston.  An hope Arizona  can get ben gregg who is commiting on sep 9th.

Jdmarti

One thing I like is I read his scouting  report on 247 an he sounds like a Miller recruit  an should  be here for a while not a one year player.

Dryheat

What exactly is a Miller recruit? Miller has been all over the place regarding recruits. Maybe a top tier point would be a good start. TJ was the last and arguably the only great point under Miller. TJ was not even home grown, so Miller doesn't deserve all the credit for TJ. TJ's father and previous coach share that recognition  with Miller.

Eurozona

Seems like a solid player who will stay for more than 1 year, but we already have 50 guards on this roster. Wake me when he gets a long, athletic 6-7 or 6-8 SF or a 6-10 defensive rebounder.

Dryheat

KansasCityCats

Yeah...not like Miller has lured any of those guys in the past (Nnaji, Gettings, Koloko, Randolph, Ayton, Trier, Alkins, Markkanen, Kobi, Anderson, Zeus, Simon, Ashley, Stanley, RHJ, Gordon, Solo, Parrom, Jerrett, D-Will...)

Jdmarti

Dry  what I meant by a Miller player,  gershon scouted him while 2 things that stood out .
Kj can guard the 1 an 2  next he plays hard  on both sides of the court that sounds like a Miller player an he is also athletic.

Dryheat

Kansas- living in the past. Like I said before- Miller does less with more talent then anyone. Miller as a total package arguably might be the most overrated coach. The negative perception outweighs the positive outcomes, especially the last six years. I guess everyone can live in the past.

ichi

every thread is just another chance to gaslight fans

the sauce is the attempt everyone who disagrees with the hatred as delusional

ichi

Quote from: ichi on August 19, 2020, 02:34:24 PM
every thread is just another chance to gaslight fans

the sauce is the attempt to paint everyone who disagrees with the hatred as delusional

KansasCityCats

Regardless of development, Miller consistently lands ONE big man that can rebound, and long athletic wings (that are sub-par shooters).  That's what Pac was asking for...and I think that a guy like KJ can feed the ball to others & open up the court to make our future bigs more valuable. 

Nice addition to start the '21 class (if we ever play)

Eurozona

Quote from: KansasCityCats on August 19, 2020, 08:11:53 AM
Yeah...not like Miller has lured any of those guys in the past (Nnaji, Gettings, Koloko, Randolph, Ayton, Trier, Alkins, Markkanen, Kobi, Anderson, Zeus, Simon, Ashley, Stanley, RHJ, Gordon, Solo, Parrom, Jerrett, D-Will...)
How about we stick to guys better than your average role player. Plus, so many you listed don't even fit the parameters. Ayton, Ristic, Sues and Kokomo are all true centers; Trier, Rawle, Randolph, Kobi and Simons were all 6-4/5 tweeners. Gettings was a role player and a transfer. So 10 years of recruiting with an average class of 4-5 recruits there are maybe 10 guys. And how many in the last 5 years?

Eurozona

I personally like Miller, but we have to be honest. Recruiting long, athletic SF's and PF's is severely lacking.

KansasCityCats

https://247sports.com/college/arizona/Season/2020-Basketball/Commits/

We have SIX of them coming in this year, although Tauvilas likely won't play a big role in the immediate future.

Josh Green was a pretty nice addition at 6'6" last year.  Guys like Doutrive, Thielemans, Akot, Simon, Armstrong, O'Neal and Ferguson ALL fit the mold of athletic wings from the last 5 recruiting classes.  Unfortunately, it's hard to determine which recruits have serious plans to play college ball.  Four of those guys never made it to campus and the other three weren't patient enough to EARN playing time.

Jdmarti

Miller has had some wings with decent size
I would love to see him find that ray Smith that is 6"8 .

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu