Arizona has offered 6'9 4-Star 2021 PF Deron Holmes

Started by WILD, May 28, 2019, 06:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zona Nation

Quote from: FOOS on October 25, 2020, 09:20:09 AM
Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 24, 2020, 04:23:59 PM
I know a few Flyer alumni. They have a great following and there's a growing college basketball fan base as the first four attracts new crowds.

Nice to see the mid majors pulling in high end talent.

I agree - more parity is better for the game.  Also.... "Mid Majors" - like the one Miller has created at AZ.....
we're a mid-major now? Step away from the ledge brother hahaha
BTFD!

FOOS

Quote from: Zona Nation on October 25, 2020, 09:04:16 PM
Quote from: FOOS on October 25, 2020, 09:20:09 AM
Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 24, 2020, 04:23:59 PM
I know a few Flyer alumni. They have a great following and there's a growing college basketball fan base as the first four attracts new crowds.

Nice to see the mid majors pulling in high end talent.

I agree - more parity is better for the game.  Also.... "Mid Majors" - like the one Miller has created at AZ.....
we're a mid-major now? Step away from the ledge brother hahaha

Mid-Major-Miller ....  PGUers and PPUers have been saying it for years...  lol

KansasCityCats

Mid major coaches get promoted to big-time jobs when they win all 3 of their conference championships, as Miller did at Xavier.

Since then, he won 5 Pac-12 titles, 3 Pac-12 tournaments, 3 Pac-12 coach of the year awards, 3 USA (amateur) gold medals, 5 sweet 16's, 3 elite 8's and didn't finish worse than 4th in the conference until the awful 2018-19 season.

ALL of those numbers are best in the conference (during Miller's tenure), although Dana Altman TIED Sean's COY awards and Oregon TIED Arizona's Pac-12 tournament titles.

The only thing that is "mid major" about those accomplishments is the fairweather-fan attitude that coincides with a program that hasn't been established for 50+ years.

ChrisZona

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 26, 2020, 09:58:19 AM
Mid major coaches get promoted to big-time jobs when they win all 3 of their conference championships, as Miller did at Xavier.

Since then, he won 5 Pac-12 titles, 3 Pac-12 tournaments, 3 Pac-12 coach of the year awards, 3 USA (amateur) gold medals, 5 sweet 16's, 3 elite 8's and didn't finish worse than 4th in the conference until the awful 2018-19 season.

ALL of those numbers are best in the conference (during Miller's tenure), although Dana Altman TIED Sean's COY awards and Oregon TIED Arizona's Pac-12 tournament titles.

The only thing that is "mid major" about those accomplishments is the fairweather-fan attitude that coincides with a program that hasn't been established for 50+ years.

Lol people be taking this shit to literal. We play mid-major style basketball for a program full of 4 and 5 star talent. No one can deny the accomplishments but it has nothing to do with our style of play which is mid major basketball hence MMM haha.

Jdmarti

I really do wonder if holmes did not come to Arizona  because the noa.
Before  it seemed like Arizona  was leading  its disappointing  Arizona  will have to find another  big now.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu