Arizona has offered 6'9 4-Star 2021 PF Deron Holmes

Started by WILD, May 28, 2019, 06:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

Regardless of whether anybody leaves early, Ira Lee is leaving a slot for somebody to pickup big minutes.  Holmes would be an ideal replacement at PF.

Jdmarti

True ira is gone no matter what so that opens up a spot for a big.
If one of the bigs leave I would like Arizona  to land jamarian sharp  he reminds of koloko alot 

Jdmarti

One thing that surprised me with holmes list is  his top 4 are not teams you would expect  he had teams like usc Oregon  kansas.
I guess it does not matter as long as he comes to Arizona.

WILD

Holmes chooses Dayton. Not a surprise he didn't come to Arizona, but surprising he didn't choose Marquette.

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1320048951035396097

Aokay

Quote from: WILDSIZZLE on October 24, 2020, 10:38:56 AM
Holmes chooses Dayton. Not a surprise he didn't come to Arizona, but surprising he didn't choose Marquette.

[tweet]1320048951035396097[/tweet]

They have been making noise lately.

KansasCityCats

I know a few Flyer alumni. They have a great following and there's a growing college basketball fan base as the first four attracts new crowds.

Nice to see the mid majors pulling in high end talent. 

FOOS

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 24, 2020, 04:23:59 PM
I know a few Flyer alumni. They have a great following and there's a growing college basketball fan base as the first four attracts new crowds.

I agree - more parity is better for the game.  Also.... "Mid Majors" - like the one Miller has created at AZ.....

KansasCityCats

Mid Major is defined my the conference. Larry Scott and the PAC-12 teams that failed to gain momentum on the court caused the lack of National love...not Arizona.

mvpreed2

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 24, 2020, 04:23:59 PM

There is always a part of me that wonders how programs would have managed if one of the better coaches would have chose the Few/Gonzaga route:

Miller/Dayton was on a hot streak, but we knew that Archie was waiting for a bigger job.
Stevens/Butler was a nice little program as well before he cashed his ticket to the NBA.
Miller/Xavier was definitely on the rise as he was starting to land ESPNU100 type talent as well.
My memory is fading right now, but there have been some more good ones in the country that been successful only to have their coaches bolt for a bigger job in a Power 5 conference.

Edit: Holmes commitment has now been updated in the 2021 Prospects Listing
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

Perhaps it's better that most coaches jump to the high major programs...or else Lute Olson at LBSU could have made the list :)

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu