Big-12 should have shut down

Started by KansasCityCats, September 13, 2020, 06:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

Louisiana best a ranked Iowa State, Arkansas State best K-State, Coastal Caroline thrashed Kansas (for a second straight year), Texas Tech needed to stop a 2 point conversion to hold off Houston Baptist and OU/UT/WVU didn't earn any tv ratings as they beat up on awful opponents.

What an embarrassing day for a conference that fought hard to play THESE matchups...

ZonaBBB

I give the Big12 credit for fighting to keep jobs for all the thousands of employees and give the kids that want to play an opportunity to prove themselves for their careers. All the hard work they've put in for this is being rewarded with a chance. Win or loss. They made the right decision for the individuals and families impacted by Big 12 Fall Athletics.

KansasCityCats

I agree.  Was really just taking a jab at them for underperforming, but I like the fact that they were able to make the season work (so far).

I'm bothered by the fact that K-State's student section was filled, though.  My primary concern is that these kids regularly commute back and forth to KC for family.  My 1st grader's district shuts down if the numbers exceed a certain break point, so I'm hoping it doesn't get out of control within the next couple months if football stadiums allow the students to be reckless.  For selfish purposes, it has been way to freaking hard to try and make my 6 year old focus for online classes...I need her to hang out with friends and enjoy being a KID.

If other schools follow the same model across the country, we'll have another nightmarish April to deal with in the near future.

Little George

When there is family with health issues or older members, yes caution should be used. However, it is up to the students to be responsible. I know that is asking a lot, but hell 100 years ago 15 year olds were getting married and starting families shortly afterward. Kids today are so immature and frankly not smart at all when it comes to self accountability.

Play ball!

ichi

https://www.abc15.com/sports/asu-cal-football-game-canceled-after-coach-herm-players-test-positive-for-covid-19

the saga continues, hopefully we can take the steps necessary to bring this under control and get back to something like we had before
"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu