To those supporting Joe Biden

Started by Little George, October 15, 2020, 09:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aokay

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 23, 2020, 08:55:16 AM
I definitely avoid any political websites, as they're typically full of internet trolls that love pushing each others' buttons, rather than reasonably discussing world views.

I'm glad that you feel that way.  It shows that Trump isn't a true representative of the conservative parties, and that everybody is striving for our country to change for the better.  Hopefully we can find a candidate that will positively change the US in another 4 years.

Take a peek at Candice Owens, a young, Black, conservative voice (Warning, she's as articulate as they come, regardless of race). Also, Ben Shapiro, co owner of the Daily Wire; he's a young, orthodox Jew that speaks on college campuses at the behest of Young Republicans. If you decide to give these two a listen, and don't find them to be kooks, you might look into "Black Voices for Trump." Should you travel down this road, you might discover that many intelligent Blacks are challenging the notion that the Democratic Party deserves their votes.

CatInFL

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 23, 2020, 04:59:18 AM

There was no "us versus them" prior to his term.

The first time I remember "us versus them" was during the attempt to impeach Nixon. So, it'd been going on for a while, and it has seemed to be increase in an exponential fashion ever since.  Hopefully it has reached a crescendo (though I doubt it). 

In my opinion, we need to redefine (and greatly limit) the role of the federal government.  Until we do, we the people will forever be the losers against this gigantic mechanism that constantly seeks (on both sides of the aisle) to increase it's power and hence limit our freedoms.

I suggest that the federal government is in place to:

1) provide a national infrastructure (i.e. roads and such)
2) provide a national defense
3) create a framework for protecting us against  the bad players in life in situations where state/local governments can not.

Anything more is an over step by those seeking more power, as (again) happens continually on both sides of the aisle.

FOOS

Quote from: CatInFL on October 25, 2020, 09:03:15 AM
Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 23, 2020, 04:59:18 AM

There was no "us versus them" prior to his term.

The first time I remember "us versus them" was during the attempt to impeach Nixon. So, it'd been going on for a while, and it has seemed to be increase in an exponential fashion ever since.  Hopefully it has reached a crescendo (though I doubt it). 

In my opinion, we need to redefine (and greatly limit) the role of the federal government.  Until we do, we the people will forever be the losers against this gigantic mechanism that constantly seeks (on both sides of the aisle) to increase it's power and hence limit our freedoms.

I suggest that the federal government is in place to:

1) provide a national infrastructure (i.e. roads and such)
2) provide a national defense
3) create a framework for protecting us against  the bad players in life in situations where state/local governments can not.

Anything more is an over step by those seeking more power, as (again) happens continually on both sides of the aisle.

100% on your 3 points of the Fed Gov role. I vaguely remember the Nixon impeachment but it was nasty.   I first voted for Ronald Reagan and have voted both Rep and Dem along the way. From my perspective - I've never seen the nation more divided and it's sad to see

KansasCityCats

Very true. The divide has been around for a while, but I can't remember the constant bickering/blaming of both parties in recent memory.

The 3 points are great. If the National government focused on the important issues, local elected officials could make a difference for their communities.

Hell, the national defense may not even be necessary if our leaders aren't constantly pissing off powers like China and Korea. Our country has never been attacked (outside of an airplane), so it seems silly to our billions of dollars to "defend" soil that hasn't been threatened. Then our tax dollars could be efficiently used towards teacher wage increases, roads, etc.

Little George

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 25, 2020, 09:43:51 AM
Very true. The divide has been around for a while, but I can't remember the constant bickering/blaming of both parties in recent memory.

The 3 points are great. If the National government focused on the important issues, local elected officials could make a difference for their communities.

Hell, the national defense may not even be necessary if our leaders aren't constantly pissing off powers like China and Korea. Our country has never been attacked (outside of an airplane), so it seems silly to our billions of dollars to "defend" soil that hasn't been threatened. Then our tax dollars could be efficiently used towards teacher wage increases, roads, etc.

Yes KC, and there were some in our government who knew something was about to happen and let it for personal reasons. Bush Jr. was an arse and IS part of the corruption in our government and country.

FOOS

Welp - down to the final few days (unless the vote count goes haywire ala Bush/Gore)  If memory serve me right that wasnt settled until Dec.  Bush cried out "get me Roger Stone" who found a loophole in the Florida law that required the vote count to be halted by XX date.  Interesting process that year

So - will trump be one and done ?  or does he stick around and play PG for 4 more ?

Little George

Quote from: FOOS on October 31, 2020, 12:04:32 PM
Welp - down to the final few days (unless the vote count goes haywire ala Bush/Gore)  If memory serve me right that wasnt settled until Dec.  Bush cried out "get me Roger Stone" who found a loophole in the Florida law that required the vote count to be halted by XX date.  Interesting process that year

So - will trump be one and done ?  or does he stick around and play PG for 4 more ?

Trump 2020 win, but the key will be the house and senate. if the dems have both trump will be impeached for breathing the air and Pence will as well the following week.

FOOS

Quote from: Little George on October 31, 2020, 03:43:42 PM
Quote from: FOOS on October 31, 2020, 12:04:32 PM

Trump 2020 win, but the key will be the house and senate. if the dems have both trump will be impeached for breathing the air and Pence will as well the following week.

We should have started a pool... lol.   

MDcAtZ

I try to be a-political because I happily serve the office, not the man. However, this election has reached a point where I can no longer hold my tongue. The stakes can not be higher. Our nations future REALLY is on the line. So here is the difference between the two candidates in simple terms:

Trump in 47 months:
* He was a billionaire before becoming POTUS... he took a major financial hit to become President.
* Has not accepted a single paycheck while POTUS.
* Renegotiated NAFTA for USMCA... which Biden himself said was a better trade deal (Biden voted for NAFTA).
* We were suppose to be in WWIII right now... Instead, Trump is the first POTUS in 30+ years not to start a war.
* Middle East was supposed to be on fire after moving the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Instead, we have 3 Arab countries normalizing relations with Israel.
* Instead of appeasing terrorists, Iran's chief terrorist Soleimani and ISIS leader Al Baghdadi are dead. ISIS crushed.
* 33.1% GDP growth in Q3 (after equal drop in Q2)... Trump didn't lie about a "V shaped recovery".
* Historic lows in black, hispanic, asian unemployment (pre-covid)
* Historic investments in black communities (opportunity zones, investment in HBCUs, criminal just reforms)
* CONTROLLED immigration instead of open borders.
* NATO allies are being forced to pay their fair share for defending Europe.
* Harsher sanctions on Putin and Russia than Obama/Biden ever imposed.
* Decoupling from China economically. FYI - China had been stealing intellectual property for decades. Trump put an end to that and forced China into a new trade deal.
* Energy independence. US is now a net exporter of oil and natural gas.
* Deregulation and tax cuts
* COVID:
   We are near the "best case scenario" statistics according to computer models from April: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/best-case-and-worst-case-coronavirus-forecasts-are-very-far-apart/
   Europe (with similar size population) has as many casualties as the US.
   Europe (with mask mandates) has higher infection rate than US.
   US has higher GDP than almost any other country post COVID... We CAN'T SHUT DOWN over a virus that has a 99% survival rate!!!

Biden in 47 YEARS:
* 1994 and 98 crime bills that he sponsored locked up a disproportionate number of black men.
* NAFTA shipped jobs to Canada and Mexico
* Obamacare was supposed to lower premiums (it didn't) ... And, remember the "You can keep your doctor" promise?
* ISIS spread through Syria, Iraq, and N. Africa
* Two presidential campaigns failed because of plagiarism and lies.
* A son and brother who cashed in by selling the Biden name in every country that Joe was the point man... Russia, Ukraine, China. Or perhaps totally legit businesses in corrupt countries really had legit reasons for paying millions to a drug addicted sex addict.
* China LITERALLY owns Joe Biden.
... Can anyone NAME ONE SINGLE BIDEN ACCOMPLISHMENT THEY ARE PROUD OF????????

A Biden Presidency:
* Big Tech will silence dissent
* 1st and 2nd (and probably 4th) Amendments will be gutted.
* Defense will be gutted.
* Tax increases: Repealing the Trump tax cuts will LITERALLY raise taxes on EVERYONE... not just those making $400k/year. You cannot pay for the "green new deal", "medicare for all", "free community college/public university" by only taxing the super rich... who already pay over 80% of all taxes.
* Open borders... no deportations of criminal illegal aliens. Amnesty for over 20 million illegal aliens...  (job losses and lower wages for American workers)
* Re-entry into the Paris climate agreement (essentially wealth transfer from US/Europe to developing countries... BTW, China is still considered a "developing" country, so US taxpayer money would actually go DIRECTLY to the CCP).
* Green New Deal costing TRILLIONS, but not having any impact on the climate.
* Anti-American indoctrination returns to Fed Govt, schools.
* $6-7 (or more) for a gallon of gas. Biden can't lie... He said he would end fracking and impose regulations on oil that will essentially kill the oil industry.
* More lockdowns and mask mandates.
* Manufacturing jobs will disappear.
* SCOTUS will be destroyed.
* Senate will end the filibuster.
* Biden will lead an effective strategy to mobilize truinderfrandizprezzure.

Wake up Arizona!!! VOTE based on LOGIC and true policies that WILL affect you!!!

Aokay

Quote from: WildcatInUK on November 01, 2020, 12:17:00 PM
I try to be a-political because I happily serve the office, not the man. However, this election has reached a point where I can no longer hold my tongue. The stakes can not be higher. Our nations future REALLY is on the line. So here is the difference between the two candidates in simple terms:

Trump in 47 months:
* He was a billionaire before becoming POTUS... he took a major financial hit to become President.
* Has not accepted a single paycheck while POTUS.
* Renegotiated NAFTA for USMCA... which Biden himself said was a better trade deal (Biden voted for NAFTA).
* We were suppose to be in WWIII right now... Instead, Trump is the first POTUS in 30+ years not to start a war.
* Middle East was supposed to be on fire after moving the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Instead, we have 3 Arab countries normalizing relations with Israel.
* Instead of appeasing terrorists, Iran's chief terrorist Soleimani and ISIS leader Al Baghdadi are dead. ISIS crushed.
* 33.1% GDP growth in Q3 (after equal drop in Q2)... Trump didn't lie about a "V shaped recovery".
* Historic lows in black, hispanic, asian unemployment (pre-covid)
* Historic investments in black communities (opportunity zones, investment in HBCUs, criminal just reforms)
* CONTROLLED immigration instead of open borders.
* NATO allies are being forced to pay their fair share for defending Europe.
* Harsher sanctions on Putin and Russia than Obama/Biden ever imposed.
* Decoupling from China economically. FYI - China had been stealing intellectual property for decades. Trump put an end to that and forced China into a new trade deal.
* Energy independence. US is now a net exporter of oil and natural gas.
* Deregulation and tax cuts
* COVID:
   We are near the "best case scenario" statistics according to computer models from April: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/best-case-and-worst-case-coronavirus-forecasts-are-very-far-apart/
   Europe (with similar size population) has as many casualties as the US.
   Europe (with mask mandates) has higher infection rate than US.
   US has higher GDP than almost any other country post COVID... We CAN'T SHUT DOWN over a virus that has a 99% survival rate!!!

Biden in 47 YEARS:
* 1994 and 98 crime bills that he sponsored locked up a disproportionate number of black men.
* NAFTA shipped jobs to Canada and Mexico
* Obamacare was supposed to lower premiums (it didn't) ... And, remember the "You can keep your doctor" promise?
* ISIS spread through Syria, Iraq, and N. Africa
* Two presidential campaigns failed because of plagiarism and lies.
* A son and brother who cashed in by selling the Biden name in every country that Joe was the point man... Russia, Ukraine, China. Or perhaps totally legit businesses in corrupt countries really had legit reasons for paying millions to a drug addicted sex addict.
* China LITERALLY owns Joe Biden.
... Can anyone NAME ONE SINGLE BIDEN ACCOMPLISHMENT THEY ARE PROUD OF????????

A Biden Presidency:
* Big Tech will silence dissent
* 1st and 2nd (and probably 4th) Amendments will be gutted.
* Defense will be gutted.
* Tax increases: Repealing the Trump tax cuts will LITERALLY raise taxes on EVERYONE... not just those making $400k/year. You cannot pay for the "green new deal", "medicare for all", "free community college/public university" by only taxing the super rich... who already pay over 80% of all taxes.
* Open borders... no deportations of criminal illegal aliens. Amnesty for over 20 million illegal aliens...  (job losses and lower wages for American workers)
* Re-entry into the Paris climate agreement (essentially wealth transfer from US/Europe to developing countries... BTW, China is still considered a "developing" country, so US taxpayer money would actually go DIRECTLY to the CCP).
* Green New Deal costing TRILLIONS, but not having any impact on the climate.
* Anti-American indoctrination returns to Fed Govt, schools.
* $6-7 (or more) for a gallon of gas. Biden can't lie... He said he would end fracking and impose regulations on oil that will essentially kill the oil industry.
* More lockdowns and mask mandates.
* Manufacturing jobs will disappear.
* SCOTUS will be destroyed.
* Senate will end the filibuster.
* Biden will lead an effective strategy to mobilize truinderfrandizprezzure.

Wake up Arizona!!! VOTE based on LOGIC and true policies that WILL affect you!!!

Very articulate! Well researched! Includes verifiable information! Free of hysteria. No name calling. Extremely well played. Soup for you!

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu