Arizona has offered 7ft 2021 C Ryan Mutumbo (Dikembe's son)

Started by WILD, June 17, 2020, 04:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Jdmarti

Thinking  Arizona  does not have a shot in these recruitment,  though  we will see  he is from the east coast  my guess is Georgetown  where dad played ball.
Looks good with blocking shots no surprise  there an needs to work on offense see how hard Arizona  pursues  him .

KansasCityCats

Based on the video, Ryan is a major project. Reminds me of Kyryl as a freshman.

Somebody will recruit him hard, based on his name alone. Hoping he succeeds because his dad obviously puts a lot of pressure on him. Must be tough

Jdmarti

I agree   he does appear to block shots well.
The one I really like is elvis nnaji  Zeke's  cousin in 2022 class he looks good

mvpreed2

Mutombo was added to the 2021 Prospects List.
Thank you!
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

mvpreed2

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 05, 2020, 07:32:49 AM
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30042472/ryan-mutombo-son-dikembe-mutombo-follows-father-footsteps-committing-georgetown

No surprise that he's a Hoya.
With no inside information, I am sure it was a lot easier to send Jr to Georgetown.
As a former player, I am sure there is not much that has changed about the university/program.
Then you add the notion that coach is old teammate of Pops, and is now running things there, I am sure those two factors played a role in it.
Nonetheless, I am going to be surprised if Baby Mutumbo is going to see the hardwood before his sophomore season.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

Agreed.  Ewing has a lot of young bigs on the roster and Ryan was definitely recruited for his name, more than his ability to bang around in the post.

Based on his frame and coaches, he has plenty of upside...but it will take a couple years before GU will likely see significant results.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu