Arizona has offered 6'6 2021 SF Peyton Watson

Started by WILD, August 08, 2019, 10:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

This is exactly how the recruiting threads began last year (prior to yet another Top-5 class).

Szaszy

Recruiting is a game where batting .100 in some years can be good. Let's not be prisoners of the moment.

KansasCityCats

Arizona is stacked with guys like Terry, Mathurin, Tubelis, Baker and Gorener...so this isn't a big loss anyway.

Unless Juzang thinks that he'll leave Westwood after one year, it's strange that he committed to UCLA because they're pretty deep on the wing as well.

Jdmarti

I am really disappointed  watson was one of Arizona's top 3 targets along with Hickman  an banchero, it sound like watson was a UCLA fan so no surprise there.  Arizona  will have to find another target maybe get more aggressive  with
Mashack who is wing.

Arizona  needs to probably bring in atleast one or 2 wings  since  terry wants to be one an done  some people say mathurin  is much better than people think   an Arizona is actually short in that position  this year  considering  years in the past where they have been loaded there.

Watson was a player at onetime was a Arizona  lean before ucla offered him.
Arizona  is only losing 2 players to graduation but I would not be surprised  if  guys like terry mathurin, jordon brown , auzoles  did not leave after one year maybe even akinjo.

I still think they will have about 5 scholarships maybe 6 to offer.

Jdmarti

An I know mathurin an terry will be freshman an should be here for a while, but terry wants be a one year player, some say mathurin   is much better than his ranking  an could be a one year player , you have tibet gorener that I think is not going to play much an will probably  need a few years before he develops.

So I guess what I am saying Arizona  really needed peyton this one hurts bad  now peyton an kendall brown are off the board   there is not alot of wings left on the board for Arizona  there's mashack  who Arizona  needs to pick it up with him an they just offered nowell  the brother of jaylan nowell , an there is caleb houston who is a shooter that reclassified  to 2021 class.
Peyton is a big miss.

mvpreed2

Quote from: Dryheat on July 28, 2020, 09:26:26 AM
Until Miller is replaced or extended this is going to be the Typical result.  If UCLA gains momentum, it might be hard to replace Gonzaga and UCLA as the premier programs of west. Opinions?
As it stands right now, Gonzaga and Oregon are ahead of Arizona if we are ranking programs.
UCLA/USC and surprisingly Stanford has been recruiting on par/better than us as of the last 2-3 recruiting classes.
What is going to separate us is the style of play and winning PAC-12 titles, which is why Oregon is going to remain a threat for that very reason.

Watson is not as big of a "miss" as you may think.
Cronin is doing what he is supposed to do, and that is build a fence around Los Angeles and keep the local talent coming to UCLA.
Hell, I will go a step further and say that Arizona/USC/Oregon are all considering missing out on this kid as a "miss" but that is what is going to happen when you have arguably four very good programs recruiting the same general region based on proximity.
What is going to separate us is how well Miller is able to recruit areas outside the West, because it is clear that USC/UCLA, and I will even say Oregon/Washington are more than willing to take a seat at the table and put their bid in if necessary.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

Your right about Cronin he is just trying to shut the state down with recruits  I do fill like watson is a huge miss though Arizona  was on him before UCLA was .

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu