Dickie V is at it again with constant tweets calling for Miller's head

Started by WILD, February 06, 2019, 09:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dryheat

This time he is actually right. It is embarrassing and Lute built a wonderful program and Miller has completely tarnished that image. Right, wrong or indifferent , that's the National perception.

KansasCityCats

From Jason Terry to summer basketball camps to the mysteriously nice cars that were driven by Wildcats of the past...Lute built this amazing program with the same recruiting tactics as essentially every other coach in D-1 history...including miller.

If somebody thinks otherwise, they need to take off their navy and cardinal glasses for a minute to see that dirty recruiting occurs in every sport and at every school. Arizona is becoming the "example" because the NCAA couldn't take control of the situation 10, 20, 30 or 40 years prior.

Johnny-bravo

Well let's wait and see the MOA and Arizona's and Miller's responses before we tar and feather the guy. 

Will you feel the same way if the only allegation directed at Miller is failure to monitor/control stemming from Book's conduct?  It could be that's all they allege re Miller directly.

FOOS

Quote from: Dryheat on October 25, 2020, 03:50:42 PM
This time he is actually right. It is embarrassing and Lute built a wonderful program and Miller has completely tarnished that image. Right, wrong or indifferent , that's the National perception.

I agree, Dry.  Miller gets paid well to lead.  He owns the program and everything that happens

Dryheat

Kansas- you still do get it. It's not the pay for play, it's everything else. I'm not going to lay out everything repeatedly, as I have in the past. The entire package isn't worth all the head ache and National perception. Miller isn't even a top tier coach and probably never will be.

KansasCityCats

What I don't understand is the lack of consistency within the "investigations".

Why were only a handful of schools lucky enough to get "baited" into this FBI probe?  They specifically targeted big programs that weren't blue-bloods...and still didn't seem to obtain enough information to move forward with harsh penalties.

Why are there no wiretaps for Zion?  Why weren't Shareef's academics probed at UCLA?  How did every D-1 family on earth pay their own way to the Diamondhead Classic, Maui Invitational and Battle 4 Atlantis?

The fact that they purposely targeted minority assistant coaches, en route to obtaining NO hard evidence...is an absolute joke.  Until every NCAA school has been fully investigated, they should have no right to go after a handful of programs that participate in the same recruiting process.

To make things worse, illiterate media personnel (Dukie V) publicly shames Arizona, as Coach K, Calipari and Pitino quietly hide in the shadows.

I'm optimistic that the Libel counter-suit will occur at some point.  As long as somebody within the program/administration has been taking notes, we have an easy argument.

Dryheat

Life isn't fair, get over it. Several coaches were fired and I'm sure a few more will be. Miller is still employed, correct? Arizona has had several coaches fired, serval academic issues, serval law enforcement related issues including an assist spending time incarcerated, at least one accusations of sexual misconduct, but probably two involving a player, and the NCAA/FBI investigation. If I posted this regarding another any other program how would your opinion change? That's a list complied over 11 years. Lastly, you act like Miller has shown loyally to Arizona, he used several schools as leverage, for better fringe benefits and salary increases. Loyalty goes both ways!

520CATS

Quote from: Dryheat on October 26, 2020, 05:18:42 PM
Life isn't fair, get over it. Several coaches were fired and I'm sure a few more will be. Miller is still employed, correct? Arizona has had several coaches fired, serval academic issues, serval law enforcement related issues including an assist spending time incarcerated, at least one accusations of sexual misconduct, but probably two involving a player, and the NCAA/FBI investigation. If I posted this regarding another any other program how would your opinion change? That's a list complied over 11 years. Lastly, you act like Miller has shown loyally to Arizona, he used several schools as leverage, for better fringe benefits and salary increases. Loyalty goes both ways!
you speak of loyalty. he was loyal to his assistant to use that leverage to get them more money. He also used that leverage to get charter flights to help with recruiting.

KansasCityCats

Despite Amy Miller's desert allergies, living thousands of miles from family and being the coach in demand for blue bloods...Miller stuck around with a salary that is absolutely reasonable.

When our investigation started and Bill Self told KU media that he would retire within 5 years, Sean Miller was the most common name thrown around here as a replacement. His recruiting and passion for the game were the biggest factors.

Now, our reputation is blemished because of "ALLEGED" conversations. Bill Self has text message confirmation that he outbid Maryland for DeSouza. Imagine what they paid for Josh Shelby.

Where are the Terps?  The NCAA doesn't care. They just want to use us as their scapegoat, so this mess will go away...rather than fixing the system and attempting to clean up college basketball.

If they implemented the baseball recruiting rule and didn't selfishly bury their heads in the sand, this likely wouldn't be an issue because one and dones would be nonexistent. No need to help Shareef...

ichi

QuoteArizona has had several coaches fired,
maybe you meant to say that UofA has removed two coaches for cause, which indicates to me a coach and AD who are monitoring the program and acting responsibly

Quoteserval academic issues,
all schools have issues with academics, there is nothing unusual about it, especially in light of UNC

Quoteserval law enforcement related issues including an assist spending time incarcerated,
Book was very secretive making efforts to hide his activity, its reasonable to suggest that he did that so well that Arizona should not have been expected to realize what he was up to

Quoteat least one accusations of sexual misconduct, but probably two involving a player,
another example of a difficult situation handling well by the coaching staff

Quoteand the NCAA/FBI investigation.
this is a repeat of the stuff above, but where did the investigation find CSM committing any of these acts?

some folks don't like Miller this is a great opportunity to post how much they hate him and how he has single-handely wrecked the UofA basketball program, I'll wait for the results of arbritration
"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

BearDownU - Menu