Arizona comes out strong avenging home loss & beats UDub 77-70

Started by WILD, March 11, 2020, 07:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Arizona comes out strong avenging home loss and beats UDub 77-70

After an embarrassing home loss to last-place Washington to end the regular season, the Arizona Wildcats could have easily just called it a season and mailed in their Pac-12 Tournamentperformance. Instead, they played like a team with something to prove, not just to their opponent but to everyone who'd questioned them all season long.

Fifth-seeded Arizona picked about No. 12 Washington's zone from the outset, leading for all but about four minutes in a 77-70 win Wednesday afternoon in the first round of the Pac-12 tourney at T-Mobile Arena.

The Wildcats (21-11) move on to face No. 4 USC (22-9) in the quarterfinals on Thursday at 2:30 p.m. PT.

Arizona shot only shot 39.7 percent but hit nine 3-pointers and assisted on 18 of its 23 baskets. Dylan Smith had a career-high six...

Read the rest of the game story below
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/platform/amp/basketball/2020/3/11/21175575/arizona-washington-pac12-tournament-final-score-recap-bracket-wildcats-huskies-highlights-2020?utm_campaign=azdesertswarm&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Watch player interviews and highlights of the game  ⤵️
https://playersprogramu.com/index.php?board=2.0

Full Game stats

mvpreed2

Keep it funky, I was nervous when UW went on that run and closed the gap towards the end of the game.

At the end, we won, we move on to face #4 USC tomorrow, here is to hoping that we can push through and win another one.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

Same here when usc made that run I was nervous at end  I wanna credit Sean Miller because Arizona  really attacked the baseline alot an scored alot from there that was a change from saturday good adjustment. I thought green was phenomenal.

ichi

amazing what making 40% of your FGs and 3s can do, add a few FTs and winner winner cougar dinner
"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

Dryheat

BearDownU - Menu