Shane Dezonie 4 Star 6'4 2021 SG has committed to Arizona 🏀

Started by WILD, October 25, 2020, 04:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Shane Dezonie 4 Star 6'4 2021 SG has committed to Arizona

Arizona received a commitment from Shane Dezonie just 5 days after offering him. He chose the Wildcats over offers from Kansas State, Arizona State, Cincinnati and more.

"Shane is a strong, athletic, physical combination guard who's able to defend both backcourt positions," Brewster coach Jason Smith said. "He's a versatile prospect who shoots the 3 well and possesses potential to be an elite defender."

https://twitter.com/iamshanedezonie/status/1320500752222212103

Highlights

WILD

"As a kid, I felt like Arizona was my dream school so the decision wasn't really hard for me," Dezonie said on Sunday. "Sean Miller and I had that instant connection. I knew pretty much right away it was the right place for me to develop and get to the next level."

It's a recruiting victory that seems a little sweeter to U of A fans, as it looked as though Dezonie was taking a hard look at in-state rival Arizona State before Miller and his staff entered the fray and ended that chatter in a hurry.

Read more in the story below.
https://twitter.com/MattGOAZCATS/status/1320504373697368065

FOOS

Quote from: WILDSIZZLE on October 25, 2020, 04:18:51 PM
"As a kid, I felt like Arizona was my dream school so the decision wasn't really hard for me," Dezonie said on Sunday. "Sean Miller and I had that instant connection. I knew pretty much right away it was the right place for me to develop and get to the next level."

It's a recruiting victory that seems a little sweeter to U of A fans, as it looked as though Dezonie was taking a hard look at in-state rival Arizona State before Miller and his staff entered the fray and ended that chatter in a hurry.

Read more in the story below.
[tweet]1320504373697368065[/tweet]

Welcome to the Wildcat Nation, Shane !!  BEAR DOWN !!

Little George

Jdmarti

I like shane already the fact he is not even from the west an this is his dream school I figured that was the reason Arizona  was able to land him so fast after barely offering him nice pickup.
To bad we missed out on Holmes  I thought he would come to Arizona.

Geed

Nice to pick up an east coast player, especially one who really wants to be here.   Does this mean Shane Nowell is no longer a target or will he recruited as a wing/small forward instead of guard?

Zona Nation

Quote from: Geed on October 28, 2020, 08:46:42 AM
Nice to pick up an east coast player, especially one who really wants to be here.   Does this mean Shane Nowell is no longer a target or will he recruited as a wing/small forward instead of guard?
It's been reported that Nowell is a silent commit and will pull the trigger before the early signing period to make it public
BTFD!

Geed

Quote from: Zona Nation on October 28, 2020, 09:05:53 AM
Quote from: Geed on October 28, 2020, 08:46:42 AM
It's been reported that Nowell is a silent commit and will pull the trigger before the early signing period to make it public

BOO-YAH!   Nice...   im on this site a lot and usually keep good track of recruiting but somehow seemed to lost track of Nowell.   

WerderBremen

ChrisZona

Akinjo, Kerr, Simpson, Baker, Dezonie, Mathurin, Nowell. That's a lot of depth at guard next yr I'm assuming someone or two transfers maybe even a guy like Mathurin surprises and leaves early. Last piece to the class is a hybrid forward type like Holmes with Lee and potentially Tubelis gone. There's the two french forwards though I assume we likely land someone in the transfer market. Hopefully this NCAA mess gets resolved slowly because we might finally have a good team again next year.

I believe signing period starts November 11th

Jdmarti

We lost out on Holmes  Miller will have to find a big somewhere  maybe international  or maybe  jamarian  sharp  he is a center though

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu