UofA's athletic plan for student reentry has been paused

Started by WILD, June 29, 2020, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

The way it was handled in the US was ridiculous.  Aspects of the pandemic "could" be a conspiracy theory.

It doesn't become "real" until you personally test positive...or know somebody that actually died from COVID (not another respiratory bug that was blamed by COVID).

I know people who fled to Korea & won't return to their home in the US until people take the situation seriously.  It "came and went" in East Asia because they enforced strict guidelines, which allowed their economy to resurface in a reasonable amount of time.  We're going to be struggling here for a while...

ichi

Quote from: ZonaBBB on July 01, 2020, 03:40:56 AM
Im sorry but youre part of the problem.  Freedom, freedom, freedom.  We shouldnt be forced inside our homes. We shouldnt be forced to wear masks.  We shouldnt be forced to shut down businesses.  Its all about politics here.  Dethrone the president.  Click on the link that Wild posted.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Look at those stats and tell me something doesnt reek of systematic bullcrap.  This is politics without a doubt.  Time to quit giving the governments what they want.  Time to fight back.  Its all bullcrap.

the 'problem' you speak of is in two parts - first there is a pandemic that is killing people, this needs to be dealt with using best management practices (AKA science), not following quacks and deniers

the second is is that there are people working to divide the US, to force a stream of misinformation and chaos on our democracy in order to tear us apart, and people who believe the political propaganda are not only part of the problem, they are useful idiots, tools in the war against the USA

look at the world mate, those who dealt effectively are doing so much better than we are, we're in first place but not in a good way, followed by countries who have similar anti-science leaders

antivaxxers, climate change deniers, racism deniers, none of those people have any credibility compared to doctors and nurses, and the UofA is absoLUTEly correct to follow the science, err on the side of the health and wellbeing of the students and the community - look at the figures for the last few months and you can see that the sciecne has been right all along, much more correct at predicting the outcome than any politician

we have rights, as well as responsibilities

"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

ZonaBBB

Race, anti-vaccine, and climate change all thrown Into the same mix as this discussion. Give me a break. Again throwing all in the same pot. Politics. We're talking this overblown virus. Governors shutting down all this and that and demanding all people do this and that.  It's bull.

You guys and your science. What science?  Some legit scientists are saying this is not a lethal virus to the majority of the population. You're just repeating CNNs monologue. Give me a break. 

Selective Handling is the approach that is a proper one.  Elder, sick, vulnerable should be taking precaution if they want to. Get out of here mate. You don't even know what country's did this and that. You're saying that bc CNN said so.

I'm not responsible for your life you are. We don't all have the responsibility to continue to act to make you feel better. We have the responsibility to keep this country adrift and To uphold freedom.

ichi

lawls, OK, I suspect you may be right

the first thing they'll do is delay the onboarding of student-athletes who aren't already on campus, they'll still allow practice but its just a trick to distract us from the truth, we swallow this and the next thing some Bolshevik will be eating our kids

please stop politicizing Arizona hoops

Bear Down
"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

BearDownU - Menu