Alex Tchikou 6'11 4 Star 2020 PF has Arizona on his top 9 list

Started by WILD, June 30, 2020, 12:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Alex Tchikou 6'11 4 Star 2020 PF has Arizona on his top 9 list. He recently released to 2020 and Arizona doesn't have any scholarships available. Won't speculate unless he commits to UofA.

https://twitter.com/tcalex0/status/1278018258105274373

Alex highlights

KansasCityCats

That kid can freaking handle the ball for his size. Unreal ability if he can consistently hit his jumpers.

Jdmarti

I really like his game I was hoping he would stay in 2021, if he had put it out there that he would reclassify  i am sure Arizona would have held a scholarship for him.

I think Arizona  would have to lose  one of there bigs  to transfer or decommit to land him  it's to bad he did not make this decision  sooner.

My guess is Oregon it is the only school he visited  as long as they have a scholarship  an playing time  for him .

It would be crazy if he committed here because Arizona  is out of scholerships.

Jdmarti

I have wondered about IRA lee if he would possibly  leave,only because  he probably  wont see major minutes  at Arizona. He probably  could  at another.

Not saying I want IRA to leave I don't  I really like  how he plays out there  on the court.

KansasCityCats

Ira isn't going anywhere.  He has embraced the leadership role during the offseason & his parents would love nothing more than to see him on Senior Day.

The only way Arizona makes it work, is if one of the International Freshmen opts to back out of college ball.  Similar to Thielemans, it could be a playing-time issue...or COVID, homesick, early NBA, etc.  With the amount of uncertainty that surrounds college basketball right now, I wouldn't be shocked if we found a way to land him.

Little George

Yes these things always tend to work out in the end, but Not sure looking forward right now. With foreign players right now it is anybodies guess.

ChrisZona

This kid has probably already committed somewhere and just trying to build hype up with this top 9 stuff. Though in the off chance it were Arizona it would mean either the Tubelis bros or Batcho are out. Though at this point does it even matter it feels like we may not even get a season with the way shit has been playing out.

Jdmarti

My guess is Oregon on his pick .he visited there an  they always put a recruiting  class together late, right before the start of the year.

mvpreed2

The logic/reason here does not add up to me.

In a pandemic when most elite prospects are committing earlier to solidify their spots, why sit and wait until the end of June to release a top list?
Most elite programs have their rosters set with this time normally being around the time prospects are coming to campus to get ready for summer school.
So where exactly does he expect to go when the majority of the schools on his list have their rosters set?

To me, this screams bull****.
This kid has already committed (silently) and may have even signed.
I can't even believe that because it doesn't make sense to release a list when you have already committed/signed.
I have no clue here smh...
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

It seems like  it is the crimson   tide
Will be the pick I thought it would be the ducks
Based off of there track record with  landing players late  .

4 crystal  ball picks for bama  .

Jdmarti

It obviously made no cents for him to pick Arizona who has 5 bigs already  if  he had chose  Arizona  I think one of them would have left or decomited  .

Jdmarti

Alex commits to the crimson tide as he was trending that way , a little  surprised only because 
I heard scheer say on podcast  Arizona  oregon an illionis  were his top 3  an he went  for bama,
Either way I knew he would not select Arizona   I liked that he was  a stretch 4 that could shoot it.  I guess  he will be playing with jq.

It's to bad he did not stay in 2021 class  where Arizona  will probably  need atleast 2 bigs  maybe 3 lee graduates  Jordan brown probably  has his eye on NBA, an if auzolis  as good as some say he could only be here one year

BearDownU - Menu