Top 2020 international big 6'9 Azuolas Tubelis & twin bro commit to Arizona!

Started by WILD, May 27, 2020, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Top 2020 international big 6'9 243lb Azuolas Tubelis & twin brother commit to Arizona!

This is the big man that everyone was trying to keep on the down low as to not mess anything up with his recruitment. Big time get for the Wildcats. This will vault Arizona into the top 5 recruiting class for 2020 BEARDOWN!!

"Their campus is amazing, they have great fans and they are among best universities in college basketball," Azuolas Tubelis said. "Arizona has had similar players, like Derrick Williams for example, who coach Sean Miller developed, and I believe that will help me. Their assistant coach, Jack Murphy, has followed me since the Basketball Without Borders camp in Chicago and built a strong relationship with us. Read more below.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1265674597116059651

Azuolas Highlights

Official commit announcement from UofA
https://twitter.com/APlayersProgram/status/1265698529667739648?s=19

KansasCityCats

jumpinjohnny

Good golly--pinch me, this is just nuts. Way to go coaching staff. Welcome aboard Tubeles twins. Enjoy your stay!

lynxaz

Johnny-bravo

Eurozona

He is the best of the Euros based on his highlights. He has the body to move some people and he has great touch around the rim. Other than outside shooting (assuming that's not a strength based on lack of highlights), he has all the tools to be one of our best players.

mvpreed2

My initial reaction to the switch to the international overload is that Miller is trying to repair the foundation in hyperspeed.
At this point, we do not have anyone that is going to be projected to leave early for the NBA.
That would mean we would only be losing...what two bodies next year in seniors Brown/Lee?

I think Miller is trying to reduce the departure rate at Arizona while also trying to solidify the chemistry by not being forced to replace 4-5 players every year.
I would not mind seeing how we fair using a Virginia/Villanova type of approach instead of a Duke/Kentucky type of approach.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

BearDownU - Menu