Arizona suffers disappointing loss at home to Washington 69-63

Started by WILD, March 08, 2020, 06:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Arizona suffers disappointing loss at home to Washington 69-63

Good thing the game didn't really count.

The Arizona Wildcats entered their regular-season finale against the Washington Huskies knowing their seed (5th) and their opponent (Washington, again) in next week's Pac-12 tournament, essentially turning Saturday's game into a meaningless exercise.

And they treated it as such for much of the night.

Arizona put forth arguably its worst effort of the season in the first half, trailing by as many as 16, then made a game of it in the second half before ultimately falling 69-63 to Washington at McKale Center.

The loss dropped the Wildcats to 20-11 overall and 10-8 in Pac-12 play, tying them for fifth with Colorado but winning the tiebreaker via a head-to-head win. By earning the No. 5 seed the Wildcats must play in Wednesday's first round at...

Read the rest of the game story below
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2020/3/7/21169908/arizona-washington-basketball-final-score-recap-wildcats-huskies-highlights-reaction-takeaways-pac12

Watch player interviews and highlights of the game  ⤵️
https://playersprogramu.com/index.php?board=2.0

Full Game stats

FOOS

What a season.  I think we were ranked as high as #12 this year.  IMO we were a better team to start the year than we are today.   Steady regression all year long....

Jdmarti

Truly a disappointing year I thought this team would be much better  this year   I know Sean miller deserves some of the blame but I do believe  it's not all him I believe  the players are not getting it done an the late collapses  go beyond coaching the consecutive turnovers  late in the game an missed free throws  that would win games this team almost every imaginable late in games  they have lost 7 or 8 close ones an atleast 4 or 5 they had the lead with a few minutes left.

808Wildcat94

This might be crazy, but I feel the basketball team has sunk to the lows of the football team.  Mid-level team that can hang with anyone, but eventually lose in the end due to mistakes and being outplayed.  I think the talent level, despite star ratings, has gone down a notch as well.  I don't feel we have the horses to win big games.  I think coaching is also holding us back, where UNLIKE football, under RR, we don't adjust to our personnel and opponents.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu