Breaking: Sean Miller has been FIRED and is NO LONGER the coach at Arizona!

Started by WILD, April 07, 2021, 09:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZip

Can't argue the numbers....but I would pepper that 13 NBA players with a grain of salt. Not many panned-out, in fact most fizzled as noted by the last 3 On-N-Phuking-duns

- 302-109 record (150-68 mark in the Pac-12)
- 3-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- 13 NBA Draft picks
- 7 NCAA Tournament appearances
- 5 Pac-12 titles
- 5 Sweet Sixteens
- 3 Elite Eights
A Z i p

KansasCityCats

Sean Miller poured his heart and soul into this program. We don't have any national titles to show for it but I was happy with the first decade of success...as well as the way we were building towards the future.

Lute left the cupboards bare and Miller filled them quickly. Best of luck to him in the future.

Jdmarti

Good luck to Sean I honestly  hate to see him go,dumb timing  by robbins an heeke   right when we get excited about next years team.
Thanks for your hard work sean I hope he kills it at another school.

Jdmarti

I also hope there won't  be regret onthere part  I would not take lloyd over miller.

mvpreed2

I will keep my response short since everyone has said already.
Arizona fired Miller too late.
They should have rode this FBI Scandal out to see if the NCAA was going to hand down penalties.

Now who are you going to bring in AND how long will it take for them to get Arizona back to the PAC-12/National conversation?
I do not believe the next guy will be the answer either fwiw. 
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

There's no way to tell right now. If Lloyd is truly the brains behind Gonzaga...he could potentially have top-10 talent returning to Tucson.

Even if we didn't land significant recruits in the 2022 class, prospects would have enough time to recognize our instant success with underclassmen building the foundation for a future.

Yes, they waited too long to make the move. Gary Parrish was on local KC radio yesterday and said that Beard would have taken the Arizona job if it had popped before UT knew that Shaka was out the door.

Whatever...we can't guess the "what if's". Let's just hope that we land an ax's and O's guy that retains the existing roster...which is pretty damn deep.

BearDownU - Menu