Arizona prospect Arthur Kaluma 2021 update

Started by WILD, May 07, 2021, 07:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Class of 2021 forward Arthur Kaluma is ranked #43 in the SI-99. Kaluma originally signed with UNLV, but was released from his National Letter of Intent as he reopened his recruitment. Arizona is in the mix to land the big man.

"The pitch was stay in Arizona. The same type of thing to get him out, show his strength, that he can put it on the floor, lead the break or be a power guy inside. He's really a matchup nightmare the way he handles the ball and his quickness. That's their pitch that they'd use him as a point forward and he's in the rotation of six right now. New staff, bringing Gonzaga guys over, they've done great with those kind of guys is their pitch."

More on Kaluma in the link below
https://twitter.com/SyracuseOnSI/status/1390637537442603008

DANI3L - (DT4)

Quote from: WILD on May 07, 2021, 07:59:59 AM
... he's in the rotation of six right now"

I would assume the six players he would be competing against for playing time RIGHT NOW would be, Kerr, Benn, Terry, Tubes, Koloko, and Ballo. Which leaves the status of Nowell as unknown and Lil Tubes not part of the rotation....or am I thinking too much into that comment. lol. I hate the off-season

WerderBremen

At the same time you could scratch Koloko and ballo and take nowell and larsson. Who knows how it was meant.

KansasCityCats

Would be a perfect addition to finalize the front court (with Brown's recent departure).

He could jump in at PF when Tubelis needs a break...and Kalimantan would be the heir apparent if/when Tubelis jumps to the league.

I assume he could also fill in at SF if Lloyd opts you play a big lineup (ala Gonzaga).

Swoop in and keep this kid in the desert!

WerderBremen

Not sure about "finalizing the front court".

You sure 4 bigs are enough? Last year we had 5.

KansasCityCats

I think that's sufficient. Last year, Tubelis, Brown, Koloko and Lee were the entire frontcourt.

Tubelis will likely get 33 MPG, Koloko will get 25, Ballo would get 15 and Kaluma (nice auto correct below) would get 7...plus another 3-4 at SF.

If somebody gets hurt, Terry, Mathurin or Tautvilas could temporarily slide to the 4 for a smaller lineup.

AZBD

Quote from: KansasCityCats on May 07, 2021, 12:56:31 PM
I think that's sufficient. Last year, Tubelis, Brown, Koloko and Lee were the entire frontcourt.

Tubelis will likely get 33 MPG, Koloko will get 25, Ballo would get 15 and Kaluma (nice auto correct below) would get 7...plus another 3-4 at SF.

If somebody gets hurt, Terry, Mathurin or Tautvilas could temporarily slide to the 4 for a smaller lineup.

I'm thinking we play Tubelis at the 5. I got Kaluma starting at the 4 (if we get him). I think Koloko & Ballo are in competition for the backup 5 minutes. We'll see what Lloyd does but Kaluma looks like a starter and if we really wanna play better defense we need an athletic 4 man. Tubelis isn't great defensively but he'd do better and be sufficient at the 5 especially because he is a big time rebounder.

Jdmarti

I really want kaluma, I think he will challenge  the players to be one of the starting  5.

I like his defensive  potential  an his athleticism .

I hope he commits .

WILD

Hearing Kaluma had a very good zoom call today with coach Lloyd.

Friday

Jdmarti

Thanks wild for the update.

If he comes here he should  really help our defense to match up on the perimeter.   I really like his athleticism
I think he would give us something  we did not have last year.

An watching footage  of him for a 4 he can also  hit the 3  which is good.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu