UofA's athletic plan for student reentry has been paused

Started by WILD, June 29, 2020, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little George

Eurozona

Per the CDC, the US death rate for all ages is less than 0.5%, and 0.007% for the 15-24 age group (which includes college kids). The overall hospitalization rate is 0.00098, and 0,000037% for kids between the ages of 5 - 17 yrs old. The overreaction is insane.

KansasCityCats

The global overreaction has been insane. Unfortunately, other programs haven't been as careful as Arizona, so bringing the kids back would be worthless because there likely wouldn't be any opponents to play. The spike is real because the situation wasn't handled properly in the first place. This sucks...

Little George

There is more than a virus going around. More than just pure stupidity in this reaction. This is the biggest power grab for control over the American people and people everywhere in history. It is all being done through fear mongering and hysterics. Throw in the other FAKE movements going on around the country and our Constitutional rights are going bye bye. It is more than just the sports world that is being halted.

WILD

The numbers show that this Covid virus doesn't really kill anyone 24 and under. The fact that college kids are away from their families while in college should make it easier for college sports to restart. I don't understand the logic behind this pause at all. UofA was doing a great job staying on top of things. I know not everyone agreees with me, but it does not make any sense to keep these kids from playing sports when the numbers show that the flu kills more people 24 and under than corona.

ZonaBBB

Amen.  Absurd how ridiculous this country is acting over this.  Politics have gone haywire.  Im not sure that well ever get back to having freedom again. 

Liberal nutcases have gone absolutely crazy. 

KansasCityCats

Let's start a U of A - Vancouver campus.  We could still be part of the Pac-12, right?

ichi

if you didn't see this coming, or if you want to politicize it, I don't know what to tell you

despite the denial we are experiencing a pandemic that has killed over a 120K and isn't expected to peak before October, public institutions are not likely to take the riskier option in that light

crazy people listening to conspiracy theories and propaganda designed to undermine science and reason, I get that some of you are into QAnon but please, for Lute's sake, can we keep this board free of partisan political rants
"Firing Sean Miller was just the spark this team needed." - CactusCat

ZonaBBB

Quote from: ichi on June 30, 2020, 08:45:32 PM
if you didn't see this coming, or if you want to politicize it, I don't know what to tell you

despite the denial we are experiencing a pandemic that has killed over a 120K and isn't expected to peak before October, public institutions are not likely to take the riskier option in that light

crazy people listening to conspiracy theories and propaganda designed to undermine science and reason, I get that some of you are into QAnon but please, for Lute's sake, can we keep this board free of partisan political rants

Im sorry but youre part of the problem.  Freedom, freedom, freedom.  We shouldnt be forced inside our homes. We shouldnt be forced to wear masks.  We shouldnt be forced to shut down businesses.  Its all about politics here.  Dethrone the president.  Click on the link that Wild posted.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Look at those stats and tell me something doesnt reek of systematic bullcrap.  This is politics without a doubt.  Time to quit giving the governments what they want.  Time to fight back.  Its all bullcrap.

BearDownU - Menu