Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The UofA officially responds to HBO documentary  (Read 1256 times)

Offline WILDSIZZLE

• Administrator
    • Players Program U
The UofA officially responds to HBO documentary
« on: April 01, 2020, 07:48:28 PM »

Online mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Re: The UofA officially responds to HBO documentary
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 06:07:41 AM »
Let me translate for those of us that don't speak politically correct:

"F**k out of here! We seen that bulls**t y'all came with. We good over here..."
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Offline Dryheat

• BEARDOWN
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 06:34:23 AM »
More like weíll wait until Miller falls on his face next year and let him go after next season. Miller has the shortest contract in the PAC, horrible recruiting class coming in, including one player that hasnít signed yet. A second tier coaching staff. Declining support from the community-look at the attendance. When is enough, enough. I predict they finish 6th in PAC and NIT bound next season, especially if Williams canít play at a high level. JMO

Offline Jdmarti

• Tell All Fellow UofA Fans To Check Out PlayersProgramU
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
It's hard for Miller to recruit the best players when Arizona  has been waiting for possible sanctions  to dton since 2019  have still until recruits know what they are in  for   an other schools are using this against Arizona.  On another note glad Arizona  responded to all the b.s an I liked where they mentioned that they are looking for a conclusion on this   as all of us are tired of it all.

Offline KansasCityCats

• BTFD
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 11:18:08 AM »
If Arizona lands Zaire, they will likely jump to the #1 recruiting class in the Pac-12.  Even if the Cats end up with a great long-term player like Walton, we'll have a nice foundation for the future.

Hard to argue that Arizona will retain Miller if he misses the tournament next year.  I'd prefer that Green stays another year & leads the team with solid defense, rather than bringing in another one-and-done wing. 

The investigation is not affecting Arizona's recruiting.  We have 3 potential OND's on the roster, despite the accusations from last season.  Not to mention Koloko, who should stick around as a nice contributor for a few more years.

Offline Dryheat

• BEARDOWN
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 01:38:46 PM »
I agree itís not the NCAA investigation itís Millerís lack of coaching ability and overall perception of the program. Lmao that you think recruiting hasnít taken a hit. Luckily for Miller, The red momba wanted to stat close to home or the last class would have been below standards for AZ. Please stop making excuses for Miller, he doesnít deserve them. One more year and itís no longer Miller time!

Online mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 03:20:12 PM »
I do believe that part of our recruiting has taken a hit due to this FBI investigation.
I also believe that our lack on on-court success, some of Miller's strategies, and the rise of new coaches at programs like Washington/UCLA, the consistent success of Oregon are also reasons why we are being looked at as an alternative in the PAC-12 now.

It is going to take a change in recruiting and/or coaching by Miller to shift this notion about the perception of the program.
I am very interested in watching how this all plays out because right now we are behind Oregon/Washington/UCLA/USC and arguably ASSU in terms of recruiting as this moment.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Offline Dryheat

• BEARDOWN
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 03:27:51 PM »
Mvpreed- your probably one of the most insightful contributors on PPU. I enjoy reading your posts, even when I donít agree with everything that you say. Thanks!

Offline KansasCityCats

• BTFD
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 05:06:34 PM »
If we donít land any other true freshmen recruits before the school year begins, you can argue that our two 4* players are only good enough to be the 4-5th best class in the conference.

Has assu beaten us for any players ever?  Cherry was disregarded by our staff because he was not academically eligible enough to play in Tucson. Kyree committed early to Hurley but backed out.

Oregon brought in a few decent recruits over the years but primarily rely on transfers to backfill the kids that constantly leave the program.

Last yearís class was stellar...during the period when Arizona endured the most turmoil in its history (from a recruiting perspective).

Offline PacSouthwest

• BEARDOWN
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 08:04:54 AM »
Let me translate for those of us that don't speak politically correct:

"F**k out of here! We seen that bulls**t y'all came with. We good over here..."
You are correct; but I don't speak jive either.

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal