Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nico, Josh, & Zeke projected to go mid to late 1st in NBA mock drafts  (Read 1090 times)

Offline arxpert

• BEARDOWN
Re: Nico, Josh, & Zeke projected to go mid to late 1st in NBA mock drafts
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 06:47:17 PM »
Personally I think Nico is not that type of "PG". He will never be like Steve Nash. He is 6'3 with an elite shooting motion. I think the original plan was to run B Will and Nico out there together and Nico would be playing off the ball a lot more. This season would have looked completely different if Nico was playing a faux SG for this team with 2 guards able to pass effectively and create space. B Will is also a great free throw shooter. Definitely a shame, but if he comes back then there is a chance to see it happen!

Nico reminds me more of Steph Curry where his game is Outside-In. Lots of deep 3pt shots, pump fakes, and drives to the rim/floaters. He won't be absorbing contact from NBA forwards and centers for 82 games a year.

Offline 2012Cat

• Tell All Fellow UofA Fans To Check Out PlayersProgramU
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 07:01:33 PM »
Personally I think Nico is not that type of "PG". He will never be like Steve Nash. He is 6'3 with an elite shooting motion. I think the original plan was to run B Will and Nico out there together and Nico would be playing off the ball a lot more. This season would have looked completely different if Nico was playing a faux SG for this team with 2 guards able to pass effectively and create space. B Will is also a great free throw shooter. Definitely a shame, but if he comes back then there is a chance to see it happen!

Nico reminds me more of Steph Curry where his game is Outside-In. Lots of deep 3pt shots, pump fakes, and drives to the rim/floaters. He won't be absorbing contact from NBA forwards and centers for 82 games a year.

Wait. What?

Offline mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 06:30:14 AM »
This is unfortunate, but I do understand how this game is played.
Nico dropped because others have jumped in, like Eli Toppin (Dayton).
Josh was based on athleticism, upside and potential.
Zeke played his way in with his numbers and versatility.

I WANT Miller to try and get some of them to come back, BUT I know how this game is played, and if he can get enough of a guarantee that all three will go in the 1st round, he will push them out.
This is the way of the college basketball landscape now, get them, send them out, hope they get drafted high and use them as a recruiting tool for the next crop of elite HS prospects.

I just wish some coaches cared more about the recruit than the process.
We have had a few come back that should have left, and some that left that should have stayed.
I believe all three should come back and all three could end up in the lottery.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Offline AZip

• Beat assu
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 03:40:24 AM »
Not following the upcoming draftee's, but all I can say it must be really weak for Green and Nico to go in 1st. round.  Even our star (Zeke) has a ways to go also as he is definitely a TWINER....but if he goes...all the best to him for sure. Nico way flourish in the faster more spaced NBA. Green...a project for sure...not sure Green will make it in the NBA.  Hell, there may not be an NBA... NOT LOL
AZip

Offline WILDSIZZLE

• Administrator
    • Players Program U
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 11:55:01 AM »
Heres the latest CBS NBA mock draft as of 3/25/20. I still think Zeke should stay another year to guarantee he goes in the 1st round and makes Millions more in the end.

Offline Jdmarti

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 09:36:57 AM »
I always thought nico an josh would only stay one year  I don't  see them coming back I hope  I think zeke leaves as well  though  he is a player Arizona  could use next year  though I don't  know how much better zeke could get he was already a consistent scorer an rebounder   nico an josh were streaky at times   josh could better himself with working endlessly on his shooting  either way they all will leave.

Offline TJ74

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
There is a huge money difference as you drop down the draft boards and go in the second round.  If they don't have a guarantee to get taken in the first round they all would be much better off coming back.  I do doubt Nico comes back but both Josh and Zeke need work on their outside shot before they will have any impact in the NBA.  Zeke will not be playing next to the basket in the NBA - he is not big enough or nearly strong enough to play inside and I am sure he knows that.

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal