Transfer & Grad-Transfer Free Agency

Started by mvpreed2, March 15, 2020, 06:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmarti

It seems Arizona currently has 8 players for next year with the 2 commits green nico an zeke will be gone an 4 seniors plus dds scholly  you figure  Miller will add atleast 4 spots maybe 5 if he finds a traditional transfer  if he lands walton an ziaire  maybe 2 grad transfers it's all speculation at this time.

Dryheat

I really doubt Zaire is coming to the UofA. I really wanted him, but his recent social media statements  makes it sound like USC or professionally.

CactusCat

Arizona may have interest in Big South POY Carlik Jones.
"A 6-foot-1 guard from Cincinnati, Jones averaged 20.0 points, 5.1 rebounds and 5.5 assists while posting a 2.3-1 assist-turnover ratio as a junior this season."
See FULL article here https://www.primepublishers.com/sports/national/arizona-wildcats-throw-hat-in-ring-for-big-south-poy/article_41b611fb-948a-5ca5-b6d7-9860b0a60cde.html

Carlik Jones was a member of the Lute Olson All American Team
See the full team here https://www.luteolsonaward.com/

Jdmarti

It seems like some of these transfers are making early decisions  without even waiting to take visits last night white from utah valley  already committed  an I think Arizona  offferd him so they were interested  in him.

TennesseeCat36

They can't take visits now and there is no telling when or if they will be able to by the time it's time for them to sign somewhere. Recruits are having to face time and video chat coaches to see the campus instead of visiting them and I'm sure most have a good idea where they want to go

Jdmarti

Arizona lost another one gardner web guard nate Johnson .

mvpreed2

Quote from: Jdmarti on March 28, 2020, 09:51:00 AMIt seems like some of these transfers are making early decisions  without even waiting to take visits last night White from Utah Valley already committed and I think Arizona offered him so they were interested in him.
College and universities are being shut down.
There is literally no point in visiting a campus because the things that might attract a prospect outside of the team (campus atmosphere. women, night life, academics, etc.) are not going to be able to be around to be used.
It is all about establishing the relationship, and putting the pressure on to get the commitment.

This is why Stevenson ended up going back HOME to Washington, and why White is now going to USC.
Miller is going to have to put on the pressure to land some of these prospects, or else we are going to be looking at another 2018 situation; trying to pick up the pieces by offering prospects that are not good enough to be at Arizona, and they leave campus before the summer sessions are even done with.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

mvpreed2

The transfer list has been fully updated.

Also, the NCAA is going to discuss and possibly vote on allowing a one-time transfer exception for all student athletes that would eliminate them sitting out.
The talks will begin in April, the decision/voting would come in May, and if passed, it would be effective immediately.
There are some criteria that is going to have to be met in order for this option to be made available, but I will let you all read it for yourselves...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ncaa-moves-toward-immediate-eligibility-for-all-transfers
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Dryheat

WerderBremen

Thanks for the updated list.

Shouldn't Charles Minlend be on it?

BearDownU - Menu