Arizona Wildcats fall apart late in 82-65 loss at Oregon St

Started by WILD, January 12, 2020, 11:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Arizona Wildcats fall apart late in 82-65 loss at Oregon State

The Arizona Wildcats didn't die of dysentery, but their voyage to the Oregon Trail was just about as disastrous.

Three days after collapsing late in regulation before ultimately losing in overtime at Oregon, the Wildcats fell 82-65 at Oregon State on Sunday night. It was the worst loss for UA against the Beavers since 1989 and marked the first time Arizona has been swept on the Oregon trip since 2006.

Oregon State (12-4, 2-2) outscored the Wildcats 33-16 over the final 12:05, turning a 49-all tie game into a blowout thanks to 65 percent shooting over the final 20 minutes. That included a 14-for-15 stretch at one point.

The Beavers shot 54 percent overall, the best field goal rate against Arizona this season...

Read the rest of the story on the game below
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2020/1/4/21050079/arizona-asu-basketball-final-score-recap-wildcats-sun-devils-stats-mannion-injury-green-nnaji-pac-12

Watch player interviews and highlights of Arizona's win ⤵️
https://playersprogramu.com/index.php?board=22.0

Full Game stats

Jdmarti

What a dissapointment  there was no d tonight I guess players decided they did not wanna play any gotta  win both games at home now .

FOOS

That was a terrible loss.   Miller cannot beat a zone; we have no passion - no intensity. Green is absent; not sure what everyone sees in Nico (with regards to being a first round NBA PG); Chase is SOFT....and we can't expect Zeke to carry us.  No way can these guys play deep in March.  Last year's team was better at this juncture in the season.  At this point, it's not the season I'm concerned about.  It's the state of the program.   

Bear

Every team shows up for us. It's expected and normal even.  Even though our shots looked horrible the first half, I kept waiting for OSU to wear down and our talent and athleticism pull through. We stayed even by luck and turnovers.  And then the second half came and nothing changed.  Cut off Josh on the drive, stop the fast break, play the perimeter passing lanes. Game over.  We still got work to do.

Eurozona

Quote from: Bear on January 13, 2020, 07:18:29 PM
Every team shows up for us. It's expected and normal even.  Even though our shots looked horrible the first half, I kept waiting for OSU to wear down and our talent and athleticism pull through. We stayed even by luck and turnovers.  And then the second half came and nothing changed.  Cut off Josh on the drive, stop the fast break, play the perimeter passing lanes. Game over.  We still got work to do.
I am sick of this lame excuse "teams show up for us". We are not even good and we have not been good for awhile.

LJ

I too am tired of the excuse that teams show up for us.  How about we show up ready and prepared for anything that is thrown at us?

Jdmarti

I sure hope Miller shakes up lineup time to try  taking Jeter an Smith out  an puting  2 new players in starting linep.

Manillathrilla

The fact that miller hasn't fixed chase jeter's shorts problem say a hell of a lot about his mentality as a coach and a leader

Eurozona

Quote from: Jdmarti on January 14, 2020, 07:56:10 AM
I sure hope Miller shakes up lineup time to try  taking Jeter an Smith out  an puting  2 new players in starting linep.
It really does not matter who starts. I just want to see Koloko play 25 minutes. His numbers are fantastic when he is in. He is the only role player that plays his role well. Everyone else is garbage.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu