Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Who will win the Pac 12? (BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF)

Arizona
11 (52.4%)
The Field
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Who will win the Pac12?  (Read 486 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline arxpert

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 185
  • Karma: -7
  • BEARDOWN
Who will win the Pac12?
« on: September 18, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »
Who will win the Pac12 this year? Regular season not including the Pac12 Tourney.

Regular Season Champion
Odds to Win the Pac-12
Oregon      +275   
Arizona      +350   
Washington   +400   
Arizona State   +1000   
UCLA      +1000   
Colorado      +1200   
USC              +1200   
Utah              +2000   
Stanford      +2500   
Oregon State   +3300   
California      +3300   
Washington St   +5000   



Offline U.P.Zonafan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: 5
  • Tell All Fellow UofA Fans To Check Out PlayersProgramU
Re: Who will win the Pac12?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 07:04:27 PM »
Who will win the Pac12 this year? Regular season not including the Pac12 Tourney.

Regular Season Champion
Odds to Win the Pac-12
Oregon      +275   
Arizona      +350   
Washington   +400   
Arizona State   +1000   
UCLA      +1000   
Colorado      +1200   
USC              +1200   
Utah              +2000   
Stanford      +2500   
Oregon State   +3300   
California      +3300   
Washington St   +5000
So apparently Vegas is not as high on Colorado as the sports media talking heads and prophets are.

Online Liquidated

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1421
  • Karma: -735
  • Tell All Fellow UofA Fans To Check Out PlayersProgramU
Re: Who will win the Pac12?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 01:44:54 AM »
Statistically speaking, the field is the obvious choice.

1. The oddsmakers have to be looking at coaching as major competent.
I think Washington is grossly underestimated by almost everyone. On paper they have as much talent coming in (redshirts + recruiting) as we do. I think Hopkins is still unproven in the eyes of the national media - so he will need some consistent success...but IMO, Washington should be the best odds. Oregon is also loaded (late additions) but they have a more proven commodity at coach. Miller is a pariah. We could have Michael Jordan and LeBron James coming in and there's no way any media outside of Tucson would give us credit.

2. Years ago (like the late 80's to late 90's), every single year, Cal had a Heisman worthy QB. Whenever we played them that is all the announcers would talk about. Cal was a legendary QB school (in their heads) and Cal's QB was always the best player on the field and one of the elite players in all of the country...blah blah blah. This was long before Aaron Rodgers. Never mattered if they were actually any good or not (none of them ever were, in fact I don't think they sent any QB to the NFL in that period). Cal just had a massive PR machine that roared onto action every football season and the media crammed it down our throat.

I am pretty certain that Colorado is that school now. The Colorado football coach is always some sly devil who is really turning everything around at Colorado now and while they almost never win, big you can see the huge progress they are making and the PAC12 better watch out. They have had exactly ONE winning season in the past 13 years. Their basketball program is similarly hyped... they have one or two nice players and gritty coach who's slightly better than average but they are not even blip on the radar screen of college hoops. CU is the new Cal - all PR. 
"How does this guy still have his job?! That makes no sense...the world is getting nuked around him and Sean Miller is still there..."  - Mark Titus

Online KansasCityCats

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1314
  • Karma: 150
  • BTFD
Re: Who will win the Pac12?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 06:28:57 AM »
Yup.  My vote above has to go to "the field" because the odds are in everybody else's favor.  If I had to put money on ONE school, it would be Arizona.

Best bang for your buck is USC.  +1200 is pretty nice for a roster that should be dangerous enough to compete with an improving Pac-12.

Online PBCatfan

  • Supporter
  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 585
  • Karma: 69
Re: Who will win the Pac12?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »
They got the top 3 right if not the order. I would be shocked if anyone from 4-12 wins the Pac. Oregon and UDub might have better in-game coaches. We have more talent. Gimme Nico and J Green leading us to the promised land!!

Offline mvpreed2

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1638
  • Karma: 72
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Re: Who will win the Pac12?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 06:24:48 PM »
I voted the field.
We donít have a huge enough gap like we did in 2013/2014 for me to pick Arizona.
Oregon/Washington as well as UCLA/USC all have a legit shot for me.
16% chance for Arizona, Iíll take the 84% chance of my other five contenders.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Online Jdmarti

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 730
  • Karma: 6
  • Tell All Fellow UofA Fans To Check Out PlayersProgramU
Re: Who will win the Pac12?
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 11:35:23 PM »
I believe Arizona will win pac 12  though  conference race should be interesting.   It should be good an competitive.

 





Since: 6/19/2017